Making College Affordable
Published on June 9, 2016 by Staff Writer
College is expensive, and worrying about how to fund their education is a concern that most students have. If you’re one of those students, you’re definitely not alone.
At Broadview, we’re committed to making education as affordable as possible so that a quality education is within reach for students. If you’re a current or prospective student at Broadview, here are some of the ways you can make a college education within your financial reach.
- Financial Aid: For students who qualify, financial aid can be an important tool for paying for college. If you need help filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), our financial aid team can help you with the form. If you’re new to financial aid, you can read more about applying for financial aid elsewhere on this blog.
- Grants and Scholarships: In addition to financial aid, some students may qualify for scholarships. While financial aid refers to loans that have to be repaid, scholarship money is granted outright and won’t have to be repaid. Broadview University offers some scholarships to students, and our financial aid representatives can advise you if you qualify for these scholarships.
- Transfer existing credit: If you’ve previously taken classes for college credit elsewhere, it’s possible that you can transfer these credits towards your degree at Broadview. This can be the case both if you’ve previously completed an associate degree, or if you took classes for credit and did not complete your degree. Transferring credits will put you further on the path towards graduation, which will save you money towards your degree. You can read more about our transfer policy here.
- Turn Work Experience Into Credits: If you have gained exceptional on-the-job experience in your prior career work, it’s possible that this experience can count as credits towards your degree. If that’s the case, you’ll not only be closer to completing your degree, but can save money on the cost of those credits.
- Support for Military Service Members: At Broadview, we’re proud of our students who have served our country in the armed forces. There are several scholarships available specifically for current and former service members, and members of all branches of the military upon eligibility. In addition, your military service may count as college credit towards your degree. You can read more about our commitment to military students on our website.
- Broadview’s CareerPath: At BVU, we understand that students are investing both time and money into their education. Our goal is to make both go as far as possible, which is why we’ve developed CareerPath, an initiative that helps students to fit college classes into a busy schedule, complete their degree faster, and save up to 25% on tuition. Read more about CareerPath to see if it can help you achieve your goals.
If you’re interested in furthering your education at the best possible value, Broadview University might be the perfect place for you. Contact our admissions team today to learn more about your future at Broadview.
- POSTED IN: