How to Know if Continuing Education is Right for You
Published on July 1, 2016 by Staff Writer
Going back to school is a big step. Whether you began college years ago and never finished, or wanted to go to school but weren’t able to, contemplating continuing education can be daunting. You might be wondering, “How do you know if now is the right time?” and “Is this the right choice for me?” It’s a big decision, and it’s natural to be asking these questions!
While we can’t answer all of those questions for you, here are a few things to ponder that may help you decide whether now is the time for you to return to school:
- You regret not getting a degree: Having a college degree is an accomplishment that comes with pride and a sense of accomplishment. Wanting to prove to yourself that you’ve got it in you to complete a college degree is a perfectly valid reason for wanting to return to school. Even if you didn’t graduate when you were 22, it’s never too late.
- You’re seeking career advancement, but need a degree: If you already have a career you love, chances are you’ll be limited in your advancement opportunities if you don’t have a degree. Broadview University’s CareerPath, mean that you can continue working and pursue a degree that will advance your career at the same time.
- You want to take your career in a new direction: If you’re feeling stuck in your current career and have you heart set on a new path, pursuing a degree might be the key to entering a new field. Broadview University offers programs in exciting fields like criminal justice, massage therapy, and IT, which means a degree from BVU could take your career in one of many exciting new directions.
- You’re excited by new possibilities, like online programs: Education has changed a lot in the last few years, and now it’s easier than ever to pursue the degree you want. Online degree programs mean that you can complete a degree without uprooting your life, moving to be close to campus or commuting long distances to the nearest school. Broadview offers many online programs that can help supercharge your career without ever stepping foot in a physical classroom.
- You want to prove your dedication and work ethic: Getting a degree takes a lot of dedication, especially as a returning student who is likely juggling the responsibilities of a family and a job on top of your academic commitments. When you finally have that degree in hand, it won’t just be proof of the education you’ve earned, but also proves your time management skills, your diligence, and your dedication towards a goal. These are all qualities that matter to employers!
If you think that continuing education is the right choice for you, consider attending Broadview University. Whether online or on campus, our many, diverse degree programs can be the first step towards achieving your personal and professional goals. Contact us for more information about our programs today.