How to Build Your Client Base with Testimonials
Published on November 25, 2019 by Krissy Jackson
Different health professions utilize the power of Muscle Activation Techniques ® to help empower, strengthen and improve their client’s muscle contractility and function. Your clients know that it has changed their lives, but how do you keep your clients coming back–and to refer their friends? The answer is easy, as long as you understand the power of client testimonials.
We get it, we’ve been there, asking people to speak up about their individual stories and your role in it can be awkward. We all have different stories, and those stories can be a true source of inspiration for others. Below we will help you make that conversation as comfortable and fun as possible. In the end, you’ll be prepared to ask your clients for a useful testimonial that will help promote your business!
The Power of Client Testimonials
First of all, what is a testimonial and why are they so important? A client testimonial is a statement that testifies to someone’s character, skill set, or qualifications. It is typically a public tribute to someone and to their skills, achievements, or services as it relates to the person giving the statement.
Who is the Right Client to Provide a Testimonial?
We always encourage service providers to consider three things when choosing clients for testimonials: clients who had a unique challenge solved, clients that have had repeated success with your services, and customers that have already shared their success with others.
The right client makes a testimonial more authentic and the client will more likely be willing to share their positive experience because they have trusted you and your skill set for a longer period of time than other clients.
How to Ask for Testimonials
Most importantly, you need to make sure the testimonial is natural. Keep it natural! Make it fun! No one likes a forced or scripted testimony–and people can see through the smoke and mirrors.
Share these three concepts with the client from whom you are asking for the testimonial:
- Remind them that they’re helping other people find you and your services. This translates to the opportunity for more people to experience a similar relief or positive experience that they have experienced while working with you (because it really does make us feel safer when we can read other testimonials!)
- That giving the testimonial will be quick and painless, remind them that it can be freeing to tell their story! Especially when the impact of your service has helped them achieve their goals, or given them a sense of relief and release of pain!
- Give them an estimate of how long it will take them to do this favor for you. It truly should only take the customer a few minutes for them to reflect and then share their testimonial.
What to ask?
It is easier to write when you have a prompt, so ask them 3-5 questions! There can be a couple serious questions and then a couple fun, simple ones to keep things light!
Try these examples to inspire your client to share their story:
- How has this service helped you?
- Can you tell me about the goals were you able to achieve after seeing me for this service?
- What made you originally seek my services?
- What is another benefit of this service?
- Would you recommend this service? If so, why?
- What is your favorite muscle for me to work on? What is your least favorite?
- Is there anything you’d like to add?
- Want other ideas for questions? Try these!
Ways to record the information that they give you:
- Give them a sheet a paper with a couple questions on it so that they can write in their own words.
- Ask to take a voice recording so that you can write it out later. Most cell phones have voice recording capabilities. After you’ve written a draft, you can send the testimonials to your clients to revise.
- Ask to take it via video recording! Video is currently an incredible marketing tool that you might as well take advantage of if they are willing! You can take these videos with your smart phone and even do edits with free apps to keep things simple! Try these by clicking here!
- Have them answer questions while your type or write out their answers.
Want to Learn More?
Did learning about client testimonials interest you? Interested in learning more about Muscle Activation Techniques® (MAT®)? This 36 college credit program to becoming an MAT® Specialist can be completed in as few as 4 quarters*. This program is offered online with a lab component at the end of each quarter. This program is 4 continuous quarters over the course of 12 months: Lower Body, Upper Body, Trunk and Spine, and Cervical, Hand/Foot. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Contact us today to learn more about becoming Muscle Activation Techniques® certified.
- POSTED IN: