The Flexibility of Online Modules for MAT®
Published on November 25, 2019 by Krissy Jackson
Online MAT® Modules at Broadview University
Every year MAT ® evolves along with our education programs in health sciences. Since partnering with Greg Roskopf’s Muscle Activation Techniques, our partnership has allowed us to create a more flexible and convenient Specialist Certification option. Through this collaboration, we have seen strong student outcomes that have shown the power of online modules.
How Does MAT® Work?
Muscle Activation Techniques® is a specific and unique process that evaluates an individual’s efficient muscle contraction. Over time, muscle contraction results in a decreased range of motion. As a result, your client will also see decreases in their physical performance.
MAT® and Range of Motion
Range of motion testing shows which muscles have decreased contractility. As a result, and as a result, MAT® Certified Specialists use precise forces to restore that muscle’s efficiency. Specialists are trained and certified to perform several force application techniques.
How MAT ® Benefits Professionals
The Muscle Activation Techniques® Certificate program provides an understanding of the techniques to those in health and fitness. Each module studies approaches to assess and corrects muscular imbalances.
Students use the MAT® tools to identify restrictions in joint instability that relates to muscle weakness. Even more, a certified MAT® practitioner helps their clients function with maximum efficiency and balances out the muscular system.
Labs at MAT ® Headquarters
After completing the online modules’ coursework, students test their skills at a two-day lab. and passing the certification exam at MAT® Headquarters. Successful completion allows students to become certified in their disciplines.
How MAT ® Impacts Health Careers
- Getting certified in specific disciplines (i.e. Lower Body, Upper Body, Trunk and Spine, and Cervical, Hand/Foot) helps you differentiate yourself from other health industry professionals.
- After taking an MAT® certification program, a trainer addresses a void in the conventional health and rehabilitation protocols.
- Becoming certified may lead to increased earning potential.
What a MAT® Student Learns in Online Modules
- How to assess and address muscular imbalances within the section of the body that you are working with.
- Specific activation techniques, attachment sites and bony landmarks that affects muscle performance.
- Specific isometrics for specific areas of the body.
- The complexity of the muscular system’s role in injuries and performance enhancement.
Hear it From the Founder of MAT®, Greg Roskopf
Hear from MAT® founder and developer, Greg Roskopf, about how online delivery for MAT® education through Broadview University provides more resources and support.
Want to Learn More?
Did learning about online modules for MAT® inspire you? This 36 college credit program to becoming an MAT® Specialist can be completed in as few as 4 quarters*. This program is offered online with a lab component at the end of each quarter. This program is 4 continuous quarters over the course of 12 months: Lower Body, Upper Body, Trunk and Spine, and Cervical, Hand/Foot. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Contact us today to learn more about becoming Muscle Activation Techniques® certified.
- POSTED IN: