Massage Therapy Certificate Program
GET STARTED TODAY!
Broadview University developed the Massage Therapy certificate program with your future in mind. The certificate program is designed to emphasize skills, training and knowledge for entry-level employment as a massage therapist.
The Massage Therapy Certificate program at Broadview University prepares college students to take the MBLEx licensing exam offered by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Board (FSMTB). Upon completion of the certificate program, college students will be eligible for professional membership in such associations as the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) and the Association of Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP).
Months to complete program
Your Future Working as a Massage Therapist
Whether your future plans are to continue your college education or immediately enter the working world, Broadview University can help.
Upon completion of the massage therapy certificate program, you will be prepared for a variety of jobs including:
- Bodywork Therapist
- Certified Massage Therapist (CMT)
- Clinical Massage Therapist
- Integrated Deep Tissue Massage Therapist
- Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT)
Earn Credit for Your Experience
When you enroll at Broadview University, we will evaluate your work, academic, and military history to make sure you’re getting college credit for your experience. We’ll then help you set up your CareerPath, provide a clear track with a dedicated full-time schedule. You will be better prepared to enter the workforce as a Massage Therapist.
To be eligible to receive a license to practice Massage in the State of Utah, you must submit your application and documentation to the Massage Therapy Board at the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing. A Massage Therapist (MT) must have a minimum of 600 hours of course instruction from an accredited massage school training program and submit a passing score from the MBLEx from the Federation of State Massage Therapy Board (FSMTB).
Massage Therapy Courses
As a college student pursuing a Certificate in Massage Therapy, you will be required to complete 41 credit hours.
During your time at Broadview University, you’ll work hands-on with clients in our school’s clinical lab.
Some other classes you’ll take include:
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Kinesiology for Massage Therapists
- Anatomy and Physiology for Massage
- Pathology for Massage Therapists
- Professional Business, Ethics, and Universal Precautions
Massage Therapy Blogs
- What Type of Degree Do You Need to be a Massage Therapist?Interested in becoming a massage therapist but want to know what education you need to become licensed? You should know […]
- What Does Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Include?Interested in learning about massage therapy and the influence of traditional Chinese medicine? Massage therapists learn different techniques that help […]
- What is Active Release Therapy (ART)?Are you interested in learning more about the advanced techniques of massage? One of the advanced techniques is the art […]